A country is made up of its people. Without it, we wouldn’t have any culture, tradition, values… and well, Malaysia would be a barren wasteland. But besides my pathetic attempt at a joke (cries), it’s been 58 years since our country gained independence, and since then, our society has blossomed; not only developing our own identities for each Malaysian race and religion, but most importantly, developing an identity that is truly Malaysian.
As part of the Malaysian ACG community, we wanted to dedicate this day to combining two of our loves: Anime and our fellow Malaysians. With that, Happy National Day! Selamat Hari Merdeka! 建国記念日おめでとう!
1. Every time they were late
2. Every time they showed their love for food (especially the spicy stuff!)
3. Every time they showed their kepoh side
Kepoh (adjective): Busybody; Used to describe someone who is a little too inquisitive.
4. Every time they showed their cheapskate side
Cheapskate (adjective): Being miserly, or stingy; Used to describe someone who is very careful with their spending
5. Every time they had a verbal tic (lah)
6. Every time their friends were basically their family
Do you have anymore ideas on how Malaysians are similar to anime characters?
Leave us a comment below!